So we had an adventurous trip back to Utah. We left on May 31st and arrived in Utah on June 1st. Two days of traveling is not something I like to do, but it sure beat buying plane tickets.
On June 2nd I had an appointment to schedule my gallbladder surgery. We went to the Doctor and decided that I would have my surgery June 8th and they would remove my gallbladder/appendix. So, June 8th came and I had my surgery. I was feeling great. Until the morning of June 15th, I woke up in extreme pain, so extreme that I headed to the car ready to go to the ER. We got to the ER and they started to run some tests. After what seemed like hours, a surgeon came in and told me that I had a bowel obstruction. What? A bowel obstruction. Well when they took my appendix out, the scar tissue decided it needed to attach to the other side of my bowel (meaning, it blocked my bowel) For 3 days I laid in the hospital with an NG tube. (btw every nurse and doctor needs to have that in their nose, it's uncomfortable to say the least) On June 18th I woke up (still in the hospital) feeling more sick and ready to have surgery to get rid of the bowel obstruction. The one doctor came in and said "well we're doing surgery today"! I was relieved. I had the surgery and it went well. Saturday morning I woke up feeling WONDERFUL!!! I never knew I could be more excited to have a BM :) (sorry, TMI) I got released later that afternoon.
That was the first 3 1/2 weeks of our vacation. After that we spent many hours visiting with family members. We had a great time with my family on the 4th of July. We had a Birthday party for Zach's step mom (Janet). We even had a few chances to have a "date" night with Zach's friends. I got to drag my mom and sister shopping (almost daily) We also got to see two of my amazing friends :) (Laurie and Bobbi)
We also got to eat at many AMAZING places... Cafe Rio, Oh how I missed you!
That sums up our trip to Utah. I'm so thankful for everyone that helped while I was sick. Zach was such an amazing husband those weeks where I couldn't help with Callista. I really appreciate all the help that he was, and all the help from my family and Zach's family. I really miss all our loved ones back in Utah and can't wait for our Christmas vacation there!!! Happy summer everyone :)
2 comments:
Bubba! I had NO Idea what you went through! ugh, that exact same thing happened to me, Got my appendix taken out and then everything down there stopped working! So instead of one night in the hospital, I went home the next day and ended up going back spending 5 more days in the hospital! Xander was onle 4 wks old! I wasnt even allowed to pick him up! What a pain! Glad you had fun, hope to catch you next time! Love ya girlie!
So glad I got to see you and that everything worked out. Horrible being sick, but I'm glad your family was with you through it. Love you lady!
Post a Comment