Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Our New Home...for two years

So as most of you know we have moved. Our move started on July 31st when we left Salt Lake and headed east for Missouri. We traveled ten hours the first day and stayed the night in North Platte Nebraska. We then got up on the 1st of August and made our final way to Kirksville where we will be spending the next two years.




We were so lucky to have our parents come out with us to help us move. While there were here we decided to go sightseeing. Our first day out we went to Hannibal, Missouri home to Mark Twain. There we rode the paddle boat on the Mississippi River, went to his child-hood home and went to the museum all about Mark Twain and his life.
The next day we went to Carthage and Nauvoo Illinois. This is where the Pioneers lived before they moved west to Utah. It was really neat once again too see all the church sights and too see the actual places of where the pioneers lived and where Joseph Smith and his brother were killed. On o
ur last day with our parents we had to make our way three hours south-east to St. Louis. There we went to the Gateway Arch which is absolutely beautiful!!!




Then we headed to the airport for a very sad goodbye! I hate goodbye's especially when you know it will be a couple of months before you see them again. We hugged, cried and then departed our separate ways, with our parents flying back to where I call "home" and Zach, Callista and I making our way three hours back to our "Missouri Home". On our way back we stopped in a town called Columbia, Missouri where they have a mall... yes, they have a mall!!! Zach let me shop a little bit but in the midst of my shopping tears filled my eyes with sadness and homesickness. We finished up there at the mall and came back to our new home in Missouri.

It's definitely been a struggle with leaving tons of family and friends to move to a town where you don't know anybody. I've had my homesick days quite a bit but Zach and my sweet Callista are what keep me going! I'm so blessed to have a husband who has been there for me over the past week during my crying spells and I'm sure there will be many more. I'm also so lucky to have a sweet baby, that every morning when I get her out of bed I get a big smile that makes me so happy to be a Mom!!! I sure miss Utah and all our family and friends but this will be a great adventure. I want all our family and friends to know that we miss all of you very much. We always think of you and we know that were being thought of to.

3 comments:

Bobbi Lee said...

I'm thinking of you lady - I'm glad you got to make some awesome memories before the big goodbye. Only a few more months, and just think -- you could be seeing me in just a couple of weeks :) Miss you!

Jason & Natashia McLean Family said...

miss you! Glad you guys did some sightseeing and hope you get settled!

Burt Bunch said...

Glad your move went well, Catherine! Your baby girl is adorable! Hope you are liking Kirksville, we really should meet up sometime. Our friends, Tam & Todd Jacobs (Lindsey Jacobs brother) live there, maybe you've already met them?! Take care and hopefully I'll see you sometime!